DroneBlocker is a radiogoniometry-based system that ensures the detection of UAVs and their operators (up to 5 km range) and allows the identification of UAVs and ground stations. If their neutralization is required, DroneBlocker ensure this functionality in a progressive and reversible way: capture of the drone video, interrupt of the data link (the one and only action that the other systems are capable of) in a "surgical" way (at the protocol level), therefore without any collateral effects, taking control of the drone to hijack and recover it, and ensure a full automatic protection of a no flight zone, with diversion and/or switching off the engines.
DroneBlocker supports both Wifi drones (Parrot BeBop, ArDrone...) and hybrid drones (DJI Phantom, Yuneec...) whether through behavioural analysis or through comparative analysis thanks to probably the largest existing database of civilian drones: 150 models from 50 different manufacturers. A version covering the non wifi RF spectrum from 20 MHz to 6 GHz is under qualification and its finalization is imminent. DroneBlocker is all-weather (day, night, rain, fog ...) and operates 24/7.
Easy to use, DroneBloker has an ergonomic and customisable GUI. The information could be sent to a PC, or to a remote console, including RVT remote video terminals. DroneBlocker could be easily integrated into a third party system (with other sensors and a C2), as it has been done through SPID project.
DroneBlocker could be coupled with radars and optronic turrets, as ROBOOST is doing with its partners.
DroneBlocker is the spearhead of SPID consortium selected during the SGDSN/ANR call for projects, combining performance, reliability and unique operational capabilities in terms of Detection and Neutralization.
DroneBlocker was also one of the 8 finalists selected during the MITRE Challenge organized in the USA in 2016 by MITRE comitee in close cooperation with the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) and the DHS (Department of Homeland Security).
Main features of the system
- A turnkey, automated and secure solution
- Scalable for specific applications & threats
- Detection range: 360° up to 5 km in distance (possible extension to 10 km) and up to 1 km in altitude
- Easy to install and operate: deployable in less than 5 minutes by an operator
- Application (Land/Sea/Air) in urban, peri-urban and rural areas
- Fixed, deployable and mobile configuration (successfully tested up to 70km/h)
- Multiple counter-measures: vector and operator localization, take over or video link control, disconnection, engine shutdown, etc
- Intuitive and easy to operate
- Multi-UAV detection and neutralisation capability
- All-weather, day and night, 24/7 capability
- Resistant to any hostile environment (marine, desert, tropical)
- Low operating and maintenance costs